By Gregor Maehle
- The history and functions of every of the 3 sorts of yoga: Karma, Bhakti, and Jnana
- How to take advantage of Indian fable and cosmology to deepen your practice
- The value of the Sanskrit language to the yogic tradition
- The mythology in the back of the names of the Intermediate sequence postures
- The features and barriers of physique components indispensable to the Intermediate sequence, together with the backbone, the sacroiliac joint, the shoulder joint, and the hip joint
- How to harvest the total merits of working towards the Intermediate Series
Maehle meticulously explores all twenty-seven postures of the Intermediate sequence via pictures, anatomical line drawings, and sensible, informative sidebars. He additionally discusses the philosophical and religious heritage of Ashtanga Yoga and locations the perform in the context of Indian cultural heritage. With passionate erudition, Maehle will organize you to harvest actual, non secular, and psychological achievement out of your evolving practice.